Wednesday 2 March 2011

 Theres a place for us, you know the movie song...

At the very same disco the same year on New Years Eve, I found myself dancing with the most fantastic guy.
Eyes of blue that encaptured me and mesmerised me to the spot... A close dance, a kiss to welcome in the New Year that left my head completely spinning like never before.
This relationship touched me deeply, so deeply that I would never forget him ever in my life, or the true love I felt for him.
Sadly events with my mum worsened and she became very jealous and critical of friends.
I was to meet this fantastic person one Saturday and my mum was in such a poor state that I dared not leave her. In the good old 1980s we had no mobile phones, and so in essence I stood this person up. On that day he never knew what really happened and we lost touch.
This person would reappear later in my life....
At a fair I met my next brief encounter - Darren, 12 years older, loved soft metal, leather jackets, loving, caring. A whirlwind of patchouli oil, some of my still favourite records and a lot of growing up!
The next boyfriend I had was the real life boy next door. This was a tempestuous relationship of 2 years interwoven with naiivety, ill matched, again tainted with my family events.
One day a note on my doorstep - "Sorry, I have fallen out of love with you"
This relationship breakdown was at the time one of the final straws. On finishing school I decided to be a nurse, throwing myself into training. I also left home at 17, moving into bedsit land, deciding that I needed my own space away from home. These times were another growth spurt and I enjoyed some freedom away from home.
Nursing was the only career I ever wanted to do and I was hoping this would be a positive chapter in my life.
A few days into my training, I met who would become my first husband at a party
Would this be the one for me?

When you gonna realise, it was just that the time was wrong.....

No comments:

Post a Comment